**This project was created in collaboration with GraphicStock, I was provided a subscription to their service in order to create this project. All comments and project details are my own. Enjoy!**
For this month's Create and Share Challenge, myself and 19 of my blogging friends were challenged to create a project using any image, or combination of images, from the expansive collection on the GraphicStock website. The hardest part of this project was deciding on which to choose, it really feels like the choices are never-ending! (To join in on the fun, and get you creating too, I'm giving you a FREE 7 day trial to GraphicStock right here*.)
To begin my hand embroidered wall art, I first downloaded and printed the Dandelion Flowers Stock Image to use as the template for my art. The other items you will need for this project are:
Black Acrylic Paint*
Green Embroidery Floss
After painting my canvas black and letting it fully dry, I trimmed down my image to fit the canvas and attached it using painter's tape.
Then it's time to start sewing! I will warn you that this is not one of those projects you are going sit down and complete in 30 minutes. It's more one of those projects that you work on over a few evenings while you are relaxing and watching TV.
I chose to start with the stem. Using green embroidery floss I followed the lines of the stems using a basic running stitch, later I went back over the lines to thicken them up a little more. When the stems were complete, it was time to start on the dandelion blooms. Using white yarn, I brought the yarn up through one of the bloom spots and then back down right next to it. I didn't worry about using every spot, some were very close together, and others were very small, so I just loosely followed the image.
Carefully remove the tape and paper template, you may need to use scissors in a few place to snip the paper to make it easier to remove. Your beautiful new artwork is now ready to hang!
I love making new art for our home, it is a great way to personalize our space, and it's a great way to flex my creative muscles. This was such a fun little project to work on, it has me scheming up other embroidery ideas! It also kept me busy working on something productive instead of playing around on my phone, and this little wall in my bedroom now has a new look to it.
Be sure to check out all the other projects that were made using GraphicStock images, and don't forget to try it out yourself with your FREE 7-day trial!
1. Old House To New Home ~ DIY Little Girls Room Tray
2. Shabby Grace Blog ~ Valentine's Day Treat Bags
3. Creatively Homespun ~ DIY Valentine Love Decor
4. Refashionably Late ~ Library Book Storage
5. Casa Watkins ~ DIY Moroccan Dessert Plates
6. Tastefully Frugal ~ Be Mine Banner
7. Penny Love Projects ~ True Love Pillow
8. Green With Decor ~ St. Patrick's Day Mason Jar Craft
9. Domicile 37 ~ Butterfly Entomology Clock
10. Up To Date Interiors ~ DIY Notebooks with GraphicStock
11. One Mile Home Style ~ Hand Embroidered Dandelion Wall Art
12. Uncookie Cutter ~ Rustic Americana Wall Art
13. Flourish and Knot ~ Whimsical Owl Art
14. Our House Now A Home ~ DIY Custom Kids Tote Bags with Graphic Stock
15. Pocketful of Posies ~ Valentine's Day Paper
16. The House Down The Lane ~ DIY Heart Candle Holders and Printable
17. The Twin Cedars ~ Rustic Wood Wall Art
18. Iris Nacole ~ Graphic Stock Valentine's Day Pillow
19. Refresh Living ~ Salvaged Barn Wood Valentines Decor
20. Farmhouse 40 ~ Bird Canvas Wall Art
*This post contains affiliate links, you can read my full disclosure here.*