I'm so excited to be joining with 8 other amazing bloggers this month to show off how we each styled a simple wooden tray. We all started with the same basic wooden tray*, but the finished products are anything but basic.
If you are a new visitor, welcome to the One Mile Home Style blog! My name is Stephanie and I love interior decorating, organizing and DIY projects. This blog is my place to share inspiration and encouragement for making your home a place that reflects your style.
If you are returning, welcome back! Be sure to check out the other bloggers at the end of this post, and possibly find some inspiration for a future project in your home.
Initially, I wasn't sure what I wanted to use my tray for, but I knew exactly how I wanted to finish it. I grabbed a grey paint from my
hoard supply of sample pots, an old atlas, Mod Podge*, and some leftover stain.
I gave the entire tray a couple of light coats of paint and then lightly sanded the edges to soften the corners and edges a bit, and to slightly distress it. Then with a rag, I lightly rubbed wood stain over the entire piece to finish off the aged look.
For the inside of the tray, I ripped a couple of atlas pages up and used Mod Podge to hold them in place. Once I was happy with it, I applied one last coat of Mod Podge to the inside to fully seal it.
Then the fun part!! What to do with this tray?
After looking at my coffee table, I quickly realized I needed a place to corral all of my blogging "office supplies". I rarely work at my desk, and this tray gives me the perfect little portable office space I needed. All my pens and post-its, my planners and my to-do lists all have a place now, and it's easy to pick-up and move to wherever I decide to work.
1. Faux Living Wall Art by Up To Date Interiors
2. Tray Makeover by Refashionably Late
3. DIY Wet Mitten Dryer by Our House Now A Home
4. DIY Portable Office Space by One Mile Home Style
5. How to Add an Initial and Stripes to a Plain Wooden Tray by Green With Decor
6. Grain Sack Stripe Inspired Tray by The House Down The Lane
7. DIY Tray Art Organizer by Shabby Grace Blog
8. DIY Trendy Plaid Tray by Casa Watkins
9. Word and Picture Of the Week Boards by Uncookie Cutter