As a blog reader, some of my favorite posts to read are the more personal ones, the ones that give a glimpse of everyday life, and make you feel like you are just catching up with an old friend. I think I don't do enough of that around here, I get too caught up in sharing all the home stuff that I don't share anything about the people in our home, or just life in general. I'm a real person, so in order for you to know me better, I'm going to start sharing more of what make me, me.
I'm so excited to start this Saturday Catch-Up series! This is our chance to sit back and relax, and catch-up on things that have been going on lately; I'll let you know what I have been up to, and you can let me know in the comments what you have been up to also!
- The boys officially started their baseball season this week! This makes for a busier schedule for us, but honestly, I love it so much! We have an amazing baseball family, and I always look forward to spending time with them. The cold weather left something to be desired, but I know it's only a matter of time before we are complaining about how hot it is!
- I'm trying out the Rodan & Fields sunless tanning foam right now to add a little color to these pasty legs of mine, and so far I'm impressed. The foam makes the application less messy, and most importantly, it didn't turn me orange. My legs aren't super dark, but I'm not blinding anyone either! (If you are wanting to try some for yourself and don't know a R&F consultant, my awesome sister would love to help you out! Here is the link to her website.)
- We are looking for new outdoor furniture for our fire pit area, and I haven't found anything I like yet that doesn't make my bank account cry, so I thought I would check out Target this week. I didn't find any furniture I liked, but I did find an awesome selection of outdoor lanterns! You better believe I'll be watching for a few of these to go on sale!
- Full disclosure, I am terrible about taking my wedding ring off when I am working on DIY projects. So, as I was working on the guest bathroom makeover a few weeks ago, I ended up with paint on my ring, again. I decided to try out the silicone wedding bands I have been seeing everywhere, so I ordered some for me and the hubby. The ones we ordered came as a set of 3 each, and honestly, I really like them a lot! If you do a lot of projects around the house, or even work in an industry where you can't, or shouldn't, wear traditional rings, these are awesome. (Affiliate links to the rings we bought: mens rings, womens rings)
- Any big plans for the Easter holiday? We will be spending the weekend with family, joining in on the community Easter Egg Hunt, and more baseball practice. Fingers crossed that we have nice weather!! Enjoy the weekend, and see you back here next week!