This post was created in collaboration with Cutting Edge Stencils, all thoughts, opinions and love of coloring are my own, this post may also contain affiliate links for your convenience, you can find my full disclosure here.
Ready for a fun and easy last minute holiday DIY? Originally I thought making these stenciled holiday place mats would be a fun table decoration for kids at Christmas dinner, but, I think they are just as much fun at the adult table too! Come see how easy they are to make!
It's been awhile since I have done a Create and Share Challenge, and this month I am joining up with a few of my blogger friends to share fun and festive ways to use stencils. There are some great projects, and even a few that might give you an outside of the box way to use your stencils, like these coloring page place mats.
Here is what you will need to create your own stenciled holiday place mats:
Christmas Ornament Craft Stencil (Medium)
You will want to first cut your craft paper into place mat sized rectangles (I just traced around a place mat we already had). Once the paper is cut, you will need to tape it down to your work surface, and then once your stencil is centered over the paper, you will want to tape it to the work surface as well. This will keep everything from moving around as you work.
Then you are ready to start tracing. I like using the Sharpie pens because they have a fine tip, and the ink doesn't bleed. Trace your selected ornaments, and be sure to switch it up for each place mat to keep it fun!
Lift the stencil up, and carefully remove the tape from your paper place mat. Now, it's time for the fun! Break out the colored pencils and place a few at each spot at the table, then your guests are ready to color and add a little festive addition to your holiday table!
Stenciled holiday coloring page place mats are sure to be fun for everyone around the table this Christmas. And since the stencils are so durable, you will be able to use them for years to come. Make these fun coloring page place mats you new holiday tradition!
Be sure to check out all of these other fun stenciled holiday projects!
- Kim Six Fix - Stenciled Spray Snow Flakes
- Green With Decor - How to Stencil A Pillow For Christmas
- Vintage Romance Style - The True Meaning of Noel Sign
- Southern Couture - Wooden Reindeer Stencil
- One Mile Homestyle - Stenciled Holiday Coloring Page Place Mats
- DIY Beautify - Stenciled Wall Hanging Christmas Decor
- Elizabeth Joan Designs - Stenciled Wall Hanging
- Farmhouse 40 - DIY Reindeer Antlers Bulletin Board
- Iris Nacole - Stenciled Christmas Tree Stand Box
- Pocketful of Posies - The Easiest Christmas Cookie Decorating Hack Ever