This is one of those organizing projects that just makes me smile every time I see it. My previous attempt at organizing the boys' art supplies was not cutting it anymore. They needed their supplies moved up to more of their eye/working level, and I had acquired a case of awesome lidded tins that I was dying to put to good use. So, an overhaul of this busy little space was definitely necessary, and I did it all without spending any money!
A quick look at where we started. Not horrible, but not that great either.
My little boys are growing up *sniff*. They needed this organizer moved off the floor and put up higher so they could more easily see and access their supplies. So, I was off on hunt around the house to find a table that would fit the bill.
Perfect! This was a $5 auction find from a few years ago. I think I have used it in almost every room in our home, it's the perfect size for this space.
Once I got the table situated, the desktop cubbie organizer fit perfectly on top and then it was time to get busy sorting and organizing all the art supplies. But, I couldn't just stop at wanting to organize the space and make it more functional. I wanted to make it look nice too.
This art area is in our dining room, since that is the place most of the creative projects occur. I wanted it to be easy for the boys' to use and keep clean, but I didn't want it to be an eyesore either.
Crayons, markers and pencils in clear containers (similar here) to add a fun little bit of color to this creative space.
Lidded tins and cubbies keep all the little art supplies organized and streamlined. And I finally put my label maker to use and made simple labels for the tins. A place for everything and everything in its place.
The tabletop gives the boys a nice little area to gather supplies or complete a small project. If more space is needed the dining room table is right behind them.
I am loving this new space, and I know the boys have really enjoyed having this "new" layout for their space. Not to shabby for a $0 update.